- Italy is the first European country after Spain in which Indra launches Minsait, its business unit for tackling the challenges that digitization faced by Italian companies and institutions
- The Italian digital market has great potential for Indra, which already has several hundred specialists working on digital transformation projects in this country
Indra, one of the leading global consulting and technology companies, has launched Minsait, the unit that groups its technology and consulting solutions for digital business, in Italy.
Italy is the first European country after Spain in which Indra launches Minsait, a clear commitment to growth in Italy's digital market.
Minsait combines business consulting capabilities, advanced technologies and a broad portfolio of digital solutions to comprehensively address the challenges that digital transformation poses for its clients, from strategy to execution, by taking advantage of Indra's leadership and experience.
In 2015, Indra reported a sales figure of 313.3 million euros in technology and consulting solutions, positioning the company among global leaders in this field.
In Italy, Indra already has a team of several hundred experts on digital solutions and services, grouped in multidisciplinary teams. These professionals have very diverse profiles and together are capable of addressing the challenges of digitization.
The company expects a sustained growth of its workforce in Italy over the next two years, with the objective of reinforcing its current capacities with profiles of business and technology consultants, data scientists, user experience experts and digital specialists.
The new business unit was presented yesterday, the 8th, in Milan, in the framework of the World Business Forum. During this presentation event, Pedro García, President & COO of Indra in Italy, stated: "In just five years, Indra has consolidated itself among the most thriving players with the greatest potential in the Italian marketplace. We are thus seeking to strengthen our positioning while accelerating our growth in the digital transformation market. But, first and foremost, accompanying our customers' success".
Pedro García added that "Indra has developed and brought Minsait to Italy with a view to piggybacking the success we are having in other markets while consolidating ourselves as the ideal partner for Italian companies and institutions facing the challenges of digital transformation. In this country, Minsait already has a team of several hundred professionals. Professionals with very diverse profiles who together are capable of addressing all these challenges and thus proving our proficiency in shortening times, reducing risks and providing different solutions to our clients".
Three lines of action for responding to the new digital scenario
In the new disruptive scenario of digital transformation, in which technology has shifted from acting as another lever to becoming the key piece of business strategy, Minsait proposes the creation of a strategic agenda that combines strengthening the short-term income statement with the reinvention of the business in the medium and long-term, with three possible lines of action for organizations, potentially parallel and related with different levels of ambition.
- Beginning by transforming the current business from the inside, using the actual legacy as a springboard and with a focus on the digitization of customer interaction and operating models.
- Passing through the creation of the business of the future from the outside, with neither restrictions nor legacy, yet with firm footing on a digital-first distribution strategy with next generation technology-based products and services.
- Culminating in piloting new disruptive businesses by reinventing the offer, distribution and value proposition, and creating options for future growth.
Each indicated course of action entails a different management model. In light of our experience, the Minsait project execution methodology is of course applicable to each one.
In any case, it guarantees shorter delivery times, reduced risk and the provision of innovative and positive solutions for companies and institutions that are immersed in implementing the changes required to adapt to digital expansion, thanks to a systematic and end-to-end approach to all the key dimensions in the business value chain.
An extensive catalog of business solutions
To respond to our clients' needs, Minsait counts from the very start with a broad catalog of business solutions grouped in the FEEP (Foresee, Engage, Empower and Protect) offer model:
- Foresee. A great capacity to deliver solutions that enable customers to stay ahead of the market and take the initiative to conquer new niches and business opportunities before others discover them. Some of the fields targeted by our solutions include the connected home, smart city, digital identity and contextual business.
- Engage. Engaging the capacity to interact and the benefits that enrich customer experience and further progress in aspects such as the transformation of traditional channels with the hybridization between the physical and digital worlds, development of new interactive channels, or micro-segmented value proposals.
- Empower. Providing the tools that enable companies to manage their assets better and maximize the efficiency of their production processes. Solutions related to strengthening operations as a competitive advantage, most notably through developments such as the robotization of service activities, Industry 4.0 operations or the transformation of IT platforms.
- Protect. Solutions designed to minimize the potential risks of digital processes in facets such as 360-degree cybersecurity or developments for managing fraud and operational risk.
As part of the FEEP model, the company has in Italy areas of excellence in the fields of:
- Customer Experience Tech, with more than fifteen years of experience in the integration of multichannel Contact Centers.
- Content & Process, where it has designed digital solutions for document management and GIS for leading clients of the Energy market.
- Solutions Architects, where it leads together with other partners a new offering for businesses based on the interoperability FEEP IoT Platform SOFIA2.
- Data Tech & Analytics, where the company is experimenting Big Data solutions with large clients in the Media, Energy, PA and Insurance markets.
Minsait's strengths are also defined by the talent of the organization. Professionals with very specific profiles form part of multidisciplinary teams which are placed at the disposal of customers to ensure fluid communication and the delivery of solutions in every stage of the project, with a constant focus on end-to-end management.
Selected examples of these profiles:
- Strategy consultants: professionals with an analytical focus and high capacity to solve business problems.
- Management consultants: experts in landing the strategy in operational models and business processes, as well as managing change in the implementation of solutions.
- Technology consultants: technologists with a business vision.
- Experts in user experience: professionals who enhance the interaction between companies and their customers.
- Data scientists: mathematicians and statisticians who convert the strategy into algorithms.
- System architects: experts who tailor the IT architecture to the business.
- Cybersecurity experts.
Indra is one of the main global consulting and technology companies and the technological partner for the key operations of its clients' businesses throughout the world. It offers a comprehensive range of proprietary solutions and cutting-edge services with optimal technological capabilities, supported by a corporate culture of reliability, flexibility and adaptation to customer requirements. Indra is a world leader in the development of comprehensive technology solutions in fields such as Defense & Security, Transport & Traffic, Energy and Industry, Telecommunications & Media, Financial Services and Public Administrations & Healthcare. Through its Minsait unit, it addresses the challenges posed by digital transformation. In 2015 it reported revenues of 2.85 billion euros, employed 37,000 professionals, had a local presence in 46 countries, and executed projects in more than 140 countries.
Indra in Italy
In Italy, Indra has nearly 600 professionals across its headquarters in Rome, Milan, Naples, Bologna and Matera. The company has developed advanced skills in innovative fields such as Content & Process Technologies, Customer Experience Technologies, Solutions Architects and Data & Analytics, among others. This allows Indra to provide a solid offer of high value solutions and services in the fields of Defense & Security, Transport & Traffic, Energy & Industry, Telecommunications & Media, Financial Services and Public Administrations & Healthcare. Indra has its Global Development Center for Customer Experience solutions located in Italy and a Software Lab in Naples, connected to the network of 22 Software Labs operating in Europe, Asia and Latin America, as advanced R&D laboratories.