Main policies and initiatives in effect:
- Head of University Relations: in 2005 Indra appointed a dedicated head of university relations and set up a taskforce to carry out and monitor related initiatives.
- Knowledge centre satisfaction survey: tracking the level of centre satisfaction with Indra.
Agreements and research chairs: formalisation of relationships with knowledge centres.
University-Industry Collaboration is effective only if there is some continuity. To Indra lasting cooperation with a university is based on the achievement of "mutual trust".
To get this achievement is defined as follows 'ladder' of agreements:
- Agreement on Employment and HR Practices.
- Framework Agreement (without financial commitment).
- Specific Agreement (financial commitments).
- Company Chairs (requires a specific structura and a annually budget).
- Strategic alliances (usually international).
For some time, we are promoting the Departments of enterprise, which has proved a powerful collaboration tool useful.
Indra understood that the company chairs are an instrument that requires a specific management through the monitoring committee and an annual budget.
Indra create a company chair when it has succeeded a good level of trust between the university and the company, also it needs some continuity in the relationship.
Now a days, Indra has 14 company chairs dedicated to different knowledge areas, and, one of them is created with a foreign university:
- 3 U. Politécnica de Madrid: one with a general purpose, other dedicated to the Accessible Technologies and other dedicated to the Energy.
- U. Cantabria, dedicated to Space.
- U. Castilla La Mancha, dedicated to accessible technologies.
- U. Alcala, dedicated to security and defense.
- U. Europea de Madrid, dedicated to IT service management
- U.de Lleida, dedicated to Accessible Technologies
- U. Politécnica de Valencia, dedicated to Health.
- U. Extremadura, dedicated to accessible technologies.
- U. Valencia, dedicated to accessible technologies.
- U. Oviedo, dedicated to Real-Time Systems (ATM).
- U. Salamanca, dedicated to accessible technologies.
- U. Nacional de Córdoba (Argentina), dedicated to Accessible Technologies