Students from Telecommunications Engineering School of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, and students from University of Philippines, have won the voting video stage.
AEOLUS, the team composed by University of Philippines and Telecommunications Engineering School of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, have won with their video about the UAV Pelicano challenge.
Telecommunications Engineering School of Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
Students from the University of the Philippines win the second edition of the contest: 'Indra Future Minds Competition'
Philippine university students beat out the participants from the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid's School of Telecommunications, who came in second, in the final phase that took place at Indra's headquarters in Madrid. The teams from the Sao Paulo Faculty of Technology and the UPM's School of Industrial Engineers shared third place. The winners will join an Indra office in the country they choose, with the possibility of developing a global profile, in line with the objectives of this contest based on multiculturalism and new technologies
The jury has chosen 2 of the 7 participant teams. It has been a difficult decision because of the high quality of the proposals. The election has been based on Indra´s values: originality of the proposals, thoroughness of the answers to the challenges, sensibility with our stakeholders and determination towards possible difficulties.
The teams that have reached the final stage are:
- Lights ON: They faced the Smart Grids challenge. The team members are from Faculdade de Tecnologia de Sao Paulo + Escuela de Industriales de la Universidad Politécnica de Madrid.
- AEOLUS: They faced UAV Pelícano challenge. The team members are from Escuela de Telecomunicaciones de Universidad Politécnica de Madrid + University of Philipinnes.
In the last stage, each University will work independently, and will face challenges based in our projects about accessible technologies and smart cities.
Indra is at the forefront of cloud computing services, with extensive experience in its implementation in various sectors such as transports, public administrations, and the financial sector.
Participants will have to propose a solution based on this technology for a fictitious financial institution. They will have to develop an innovative solution in order to demonstrate the advantages of Cloud Computing over other traditional solutions, thus establishing a milestone in the sector.
Indra is developing an unmanned aircraft system that will support rescue operations, and will assist in the fight against arms trafficking, piracy and drug trafficking.
Students will have to develop a project for the implementation of the Pelícano System (team, costs, financing…). They will also have to propose an innovative solution for an automatic landing system.
Smart Grids will allow managing in real-time multi directional flows, arising from the new electrical network model. Indra cooperates on researches about this new system that will allow improving the electrical network efficiency, contributing to renewable energy implementation, and facilitating electrical vehicles incorporation in a daily basis.
Participants will have to develop a model to quantify costs and CO2 savings which will involve the implementations of this new manage system.
Indra has developed tools that optimize water management. These tools have reduced losses and have improved the water distribution management.
Participants will have to make a model to optimize water management, by developing a supply system simulator in order to optimize the use of this resource.
From 15th February to 15th of March
Seven multicultural teams have been created with people from different backgrounds to enable students to experience what it means to work in a global enterprise through a virtual platform.
- Present Minds : Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (España) + Facultade de Tecnologia de Sao Paulo (FATEC-SP), (Brasil)
- Lights ON: Universidad Politécnica de Madrid Industriales (España) + Facultade de Tecnologia de Sao Paulo (FATEC-SP), (Brasil)
- AEOLUS: Universidad Politécnica de Madrid Telecomunicaciones (España) + University of the Philippines (Philippines)
- ME.IN: Universidad Carlos III (España) + Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México. (México)
- Fodeus: U.Politécnica de Cataluña, (España) + Universidad de los Andes (Colombia)
- InMind: U.Politécnica de Cataluña, (España) + VSB- Technical University of Ostrava (Rep. Checa)
- MIRAGE: Universidad Tecnológica Nacional (UTN) (Argentina) + Universidad Nacional de Ingeniería (Perú)