Accessibility on the Web significantly reduces physical and technical barriers and facilitates access to information and different types of content.
For over a decade work has been in progress on various initiatives to improve accessibility on the Web. Amongst them, we may highlight the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), which forms part of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). This organization has developed the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1.0, which are intended to make internet content accessible for disabled persons.
For this reason, one of the main objectives of the www.indracompany.com Web site is that all users should be able to browse the contents of this portal without any accessibility difficulties, irrespective of any disability they might have.
- The design of this site has been examined in order to ensure users can access all its content. The main features include:
- The HTML and CSS codes comply with formal syntax requirements in order to ensure that the content may be viewed properly on different browsers
- The visual characteristics of the site (typeface, size, font color, background, etc.) are defined by means of the style sheet so that users can adjust the text to their preferences
- Attention has been paid to the structure and semantic composition of the Web site. For this reason, the content of the various templates has been organized in accordance with the section headings, the lists, and all other elements that assist the general comprehension of the Web site
- Alternatives have been provided for the multimedia content used on the Web site (video, flash, audio, etc.)
All pages on the www.indracompany.com Web site meet all priority 2 verification points (compliance with level AA) defined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines specifications (WCAG) of the Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) with the exception of:
The PDF documents
- And some of the videos and images
- We are aware that merely satisfying all these criteria does not in itself ensure easy access to all our content. For this reason, we invite you to send us your comments and suggestions through our e-mail