With the world’s most trusted range of navigational aids, we contribute to flight safety in 180 countries.
Our systems are recognized for being reliable in all climatic conditions. Our technical expertise and passion for flight safety has made us a leader in the market, with multiple innovations adopted by the entire industry.
We offer navigational aids that reduce flight times and CO2 emissions, contributing to a greener aviation.
- High-performing and durable
- Unmatched technical competence
- World-renowned customer service
Every day, we make flight safer for millions of passengers around the world.
A complete portfolio of ground-based navigational aids
- ILS: Our market leading Instrument Landing System (ILS) provides precision guidance so aircraft can safely approach the runway at night or in bad weather. Known for its reliability and robustness, Indra’s ILS is the preferred choice for airports of any size or complexity.
- DME: Our Distance Measuring Equipment (DME) has a proven record of reliable performance, with Indra being the sole provider of DMEs to the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). The DME signal is transmitted between an aircraft and a DME ground beacon, to enable the aircraft to determine its distance from the beacon during the final approach.
- VOR: Indra’s VHF Omni-Directional Range (VOR) is trusted worldwide for safe en-route and approach navigation. By sending omni-directional signals from a ground beacon, the aircraft can determine its position. The VOR is available in two configurations, Doppler (DVOR) and Conventional (CVOR).
- TACAN: Tactical air navigation systems (TACANs), our latest addition to the navaids portfolio, provide military and civilian aircraft with the direction and distance to a ground beacon. We offer fixed-based, shipboard, and man-portable TACANs that all include redundant power supply to maximize availability and performance.