Our solution for onboard installation on trains that need to use interoperable railway infrastructures with ERTMS signaling, in accordance with operational levels 1 and 2.
InVITALRAIL EVC implements a continuous and real-time supervision and control system for travel speed, which ensures that it adapts at all times to the status and characteristics of the infrastructure as this communicates with onboard devices through the corresponding ground systems (track EUROBALIZAS in ERTMS Level 1, and an RBC system through the GSMR network on ERTMS Level 2).
Based on the generic platform InVITALRAIL OMSP, the system permits maximum scalability and adaptability to any type of train and technology through the adaptation and/or application of specific interfaces, which allows the Indra solution to ensure the non-existence of technological dependencies or proprietary solutions.
InVITALRAIL EVC is a system with a high level of security integrity, certified as SIL4 under the applicable railway standards UNE EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129. It is built according to the SRS 2.3.0.d specifications of the European ERTMS standard, which ensures the highest level of interoperability and functionality for the operation of trains over interoperable railway networks.
InVITALRAIL EVC is mainly based on the integration of COTS certificates and on the use of commercial platforms and solutions, adjusted in terms of functionality, reliability and level of security when applicable, which makes it possible to ensure the non-existence of proprietary solutions on the system and the highest degree of technological evolution of the solution, while assuring the manufacturer/owner of the train that it will eliminate the technological dependencies of the onboard systems.
Components of InVITALRAIL EVC
The comprehensive InVITALRAIL EVC is composed of each and every one of the components required for equipping the train with complete ERTMS signaling:
- DMI System (Driver Machine Interface), for driver indications, information and actions
- BTM System (Balisse Transmission Module), for reading informational EUROBALIZAS installed along the track
- GSMR communications module, comprises GSMR communications resources for the transmission of data with ground devices (RBC on ERTMS Level 2)
- EVC System (European Vital Computer) responsible for securely receiving and processing information, supervision and travel speed control
- JRU System (Juridical Recording Unit) for secure and robust recording and storage, in accordance with:n
- TIU Module (Train Interface Unit), easily adaptable to any technical connection solution, allowing the system to access services and functions of the train (emergency brake, service brake, door status, etc.)
- Odometer control module, comprises various technical and redundancy means for the securely calculating travel speeds (pulse generators, Doppler radar accelerometers, etc.)
Specifications and standards applicable to the system
- ERTMS/ETCS (ERA/ERTMS/003204) Functional Requirements Specification – FRS, version 5.0.
- System Requirement Specification (SRS) v2.3.0 d: (UNISIG SUBSET-026 version 2.3.0) and (ERA SUBSET-108: Interoperability-related consolidation on TSI Annex A Documents, version 1.2.0)
- European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG) documents, related to ERTMS/ETCS interoperability
- UNE EN 50126 and the guidelines set out in the CENELEC regulations SIL requirements (Annex A of the standard UNE-EN 50128) UNE EN 50129