Our solution for the interoperable signaling of the Level 2 ERTMS permits the continuous and secure control of railway traffic, allowing for travel speeds of over 300 Km/h and improving the traffic capacity of the railway infrastructure where it is applied by minimizing the safety distance between trains.
InVITALRAIL RBC is the track system responsible for the secure management and control of train movements using ERTMS Level 2 signaling and the GSM-R communications network as a connection channel with the trains.
InVITALRAIL RBC receives the position report from the trains through the onboard GSM-R equipment and infrastructure status information from the interlocks in order to calculate, determine and establish the authorization for the trains in movement, thus identifying the area in which each one can travel with full safety assurance.
InVITALRAIL RBC is a system with a high level of security integrity, certified as SIL4 under the applicable railway standards EN50126, EN50128 and EN50129. Thanks to a design based on a clear differentiation between the generic product and its specific applications to particular railway infrastructures and networks, it can be quickly and easily adapted to any operative scenario, therefore minimizing the time required to implement the service and, by extension, the time-to-market of the global railway control solution.
Built in accordance with specifications SRS 2.3.0.d of the European ERTMS standards, the system is certified for interoperability by the independent Notified Body in accordance with the Technical Specifications of Interoperability (TSI) for railway control, management and signaling systems (CCM TSI) in accordance with the CB certification module of CMS 2012/88/UE.
Through InVITALRAIL RBC we offer a complete solution that facilitates and ensures the centralized and coordinated management of railway operations in ERTMS Level 2, deploying the following associated technological components:
- The aforementioned RBC system
- Communications Manager System GSMR, for GSMR radio communications in real time with trains
- Juridical Recorder (JRU) of the RBC, for recording operational events and statuses of the system
- Local (PLE) and central (PCE) operations systems that permit the coordinated management of the system as well as centralized and integrated operation within the control center
- Integration interfaces with the DaVinci solution for integrated railway control systems
Specifications and applicable standards
- ERTMS/ETCS (ERA/ERTMS/003204) Functional Requirements Specification –FRS, version 5.0.
- System Requirement Specification (SRS) v2.3.0 d: (UNISIG SUBSET-026 version 2.3.0) and (ERA SUBSET-108: Interoperability-related consolidation on TSI Annex A Documents, version 1.2.0)
- European Economic Interest Grouping (EEIG) documents, related to ERTMS/ETCS interoperability
- UNE EN 50126 and the guidelines set out in the CENELEC regulations for SIL requirements (Annex A of the standard UNE-EN 50128) UNE EN 50129